NEWS: Nominations for Division 48 offices are open until 12 midnight February 1. See below for details.
Society for the Study of Peace, Conflict, and Violence
APA Division 48
Nominations open for Division 48 offices
Please consider nominating one or more persons, which could include self-nomination, for any of the open positions on the Executive Committee.
- For each nominee submit --
- A nomination letter indicating why you are nominating the member and for what position;
- A CV or brief bio of your nominee;
- A letter from your nominee indicating willingness to serve, if elected. A nominee must be a member of Society for the Study of Peace, Conflict, and Violence.
- For APA Council of Representative, include APA membership status because it is required that both nominee and nominator be APA members . For other offices a nominee must be a member of Society for the Study of Peace, Conflict, and Violence, but not of APA.
- Send the 3 items noted above to the Elections Committee Chair, Frank Farley. Contact Frank Farley.
- Nominations, including all supporting material, must be received by the Elections Committee Chair no later than midnight February 1.
Offices open for nominations --
The terms and duties of the offices can be found in the Division 48 ByLaws.
- President-elect (one to be elected): becomes President-Elect on January 1, 2018; President on January 1, 2019; Past-President on January 1, 2020.
- Division 48 Representative to the APA Council of Representatives (one to be elected) The nominee and nominator must each be APA members. The term is for two years and begins on January 1, 2018.
- Member-at-Large of the Executive Committee (one to be elected): The term is for two years and begins on January 1, 2018.
- Membership Chair (one to be elected) The term is for two years and begins on January 1, 2018.
New in blogs and Newsletter
Mariko Siegert contributes to Dialogues with Peace and Conflict with comments on
"'Youth Do All Such Things to Survive Here': A Qualitative Study of Challenges Facing War-Affected Youth in Sierra Leone"
Linden Nelson continues his series on peace eduction by highlighting teaching resources to be found on the Division 48 website at http://peacepsychology.org/internet-editor-blog/
Cyprus Academic Dialogue – A Bi-Communal NGO of Academics, Scholars and Intellectuals Engaging for Peace in their Shared Island by Nicos Anastasiou and Costa Constanti is the new article in the Division 48 Newsletter. You can find it at http://peacepsychology.org/peace-newsletter-blog/
Division 48 Membership Admission "Test"
- Are you a student, professor, practitioner, or ally of peace psychology?
- Do you want to apply your expertise in your specialty of psychology to promoting peace?
- Do you advocate for peace, train peacemakers, or do research on peace, conflict, or violence?
- Do you want to collaborate, participate, and celebrate peace with like-minded colleagues and friends?
If you answered YES to one or more of the "test" questions, please join us!